Using pancake mix, these gluten free pumpkin pancakes aren’t just amazing, they’re also quick and easy! Get the recipe to make them.
I don’t know why it is but pancakes make me so happy. Being gluten free I went ages without them and I really missed them like crazy. Then one day, years into this whole GF nonsense, I got a box of gluten free pancake mix from the store that was decent. These pancakes were eaten rather than being mostly tossed in the trash and I was really pleased.
In general, everybody who has been gluten free for a time (I’ve lost track but I think I’m at 8 years?) has seen the evolution of GF options at the grocery store get better and better. Back in the day, I’d mix up my own flour blends with different starches that I could only find at the Asian Grocery Store. Or sometimes I’d go even further by blanching, peeling and then grinding almonds into my own almond flour in a coffee bean grinder. What a pain in the rear! Most often I would just forgo the baked goods and carb-o-licious breakfast foods to avoid the trouble.
But these days the modern Celiac has so many options when they cruise through the grocery store. I have not just 1, but three different boxed gluten free mixes that I just LOVE for pancakes. And this time last year I was eating gluten free pancakes in a diner on South Padre Island gluten free pancakes in a diner on South Padre Island. Pancakes. In a restaurant. That didn’t make me react. Amazing, right? It turns out, that diner also uses a mix for pancakes and I tell you you wouldn’t know the darn difference! So today, we’re also making some box mix pancakes but we’re making them better. We’re making them PUMPKIN!
Pumpkin Recipes Abound!
I do love to make things from scratch, like these GF lemon cookies, pop tarts or king cakes. But sometimes I like to take a shortcut and get food on the table FAST. And sometimes I like to make food with pumpkin. Okay, so a little more than just sometimes… I love, love, LOVE pumpkin recipes. In fact, these pumpkin pancakes are pumpkin recipe #8 on the ol’ blog here. Want to see the other seven?
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin, Cream Cheese and Pralines Ice Cream
Gosh. Don’t they all sound great? Visit those if you want, but first, let’s have some pumpkin pancakes for breakfast!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 cups of milk
- ¾ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 package of King Arthur Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- Whisk together milk, pumpkin puree and melted butter until well combined. Add in cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice whisking well to evenly distribute.
- Add pancake mix to wet ingredients stirring well. Allow to sit on counter 10 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat griddle to 350°.
- Spray hot griddle with non-stick cooking spray and ladle 1/4 cup of pancake batter in the center. Allow to cook until the batter begins to bubble. Flip and cook until done.